Self Employed

  • As a rideshare driver, you are self-employed, which means you are a small-business owner. You’ll pay self-employment taxes in addition to your regular income taxes. Click here to learn how to maximize your driving income and file taxes correctly.

  • Filing taxes as an independent contractor is a little bit different from those who do not have this type of income. It is important to keep detailed records and ideally keep them separate from your personal expenses. You will need to file a tax return if you have as little as $400 worth of self-employment income regardless of your age or filing status. Having the record of expenses as well as income will be important in case of an audit. You will need to enter independent contractor income and expenses on Schedule C or C-EZ depending on the complexity and total of expenses.